Things To Do on Anna Maria Island
Anna Maria Island is a stunning barrier island located on the Gulf of Mexico in Florida. The island boasts of beautiful beaches, crystal-clear waters, breathtaking sunsets, and plenty of outdoor activities to keep visitors entertained. Here are some things to do on Anna Maria Island:
- Hit the beach: Anna Maria Island is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in Florida, including Bradenton Beach, Coquina Beach, and Bean Point Beach.
- Take a bike tour: The island is small and flat, making it easy to explore by bike. Rent a bike or take a bike tour to see the sights.
- Go fishing: Anna Maria Island offers plenty of opportunities for fishing. You can charter a boat or fish from the shore.
- Explore the local art scene: The island is home to several art galleries and studios showcasing the work of local artists.
- Visit the Anna Maria Island Historical Museum: Learn about the island’s history and culture at this small but informative museum.
- Go kayaking: Rent a kayak and explore the island’s many waterways, including the mangrove tunnels.
- Take a sunset cruise: Watch the sun set over the Gulf of Mexico on a relaxing Captain Sal’s sunset cruise.
- Go birdwatching: The island is a haven for birdwatchers, with over 300 species of birds calling the island home.
- Visit the Pine Avenue shops: This charming street is home to several boutique shops, restaurants, and galleries.
- Go dolphin watching: Take a dolphin watching tour and see these playful creatures in their natural habitat.
- Go parasailing: Get a bird’s eye view of the island by parasailing over the Gulf of Mexico.
- Take a golf cart tour: Rent a golf cart and explore the island’s many neighborhoods and hidden gems.
- Visit the Island Players Theater: Catch a live performance at this community theater.
- Go on a food tour: Sample the island’s local cuisine on a food tour.
- Take a yoga class on the beach: Relax and unwind with a yoga class on the beach.
- Visit the Rod and Reel Pier and the Anna Maria City Pier
- Explore the island and nearby Egmont Key, Passage Key, and Jewfish Key by boat on a Captain Sal’s Island Adventure boat tour.
Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure, culture, or relaxation, Anna Maria Island has something for everyone.