Boat Rental Considerations
When renting a boat, there are many things to consider. With everything involved, you want to consider a boat rental with a Captain instead. Here are some boat renting considerations.
- Is the rental company reputable? Check reviews.
- Is the boat well maintained?
- Do you know how to operate the boat you are renting?
- Does the boat have all the required safety equipment?
- Do you need a license?
- Do you need a water safety certificate?
- Do you need to purchase insurance?
- Read the agreement to know what you are signing.
- Is a deposit required and what are the terms to get it returned?
- Is the fuel included? Fuel is expensive now-a-days.
- Inspect the boat and note any existing damages (scratches, dents, stains, cracks, etc.).
- Is there a distance from the marina restriction?
- What happens if the boat breaks down?
- Are there any areas that are considered off limits?
- Do you know the area?
- Do you get a map and suggested routes?
- Get there so you can do the paperwork and inspections before your paid time starts.
- Check the weather and monitor it throughout the day as afternoon thunderstorms are common.
- Check the tides.
Boat Rental with a Captain
With all of the considerations listed above, you may want to consider a boat rental with a captain. Captain Sal has a United States Coast Guard Master Captains License. He is an area expert and will educate you on the area during you boat tour. You don’t have to worry about anything listed above as he has you covered.